My friend Linda Odom said she heard of this strange new idea called “a day off.” She was going to try taking a day off this weekend, I hope it works for her, she’s been working way too hard.
I am trying it too, I didn’t go anywhere near work or my office yesterday.
Instead I –
sheared 4 of the angora goats,
- plied two skeins of wool/mohair blend (natural colored)
- finally got a picture of Hagrid. His black is so black that his face always disappears in pictures.
- edited a picture of Gizmo, (see Common Threads new profile pic)
- started addressing the postcards to send to people who signed up at Studio Tour
- cut and sewed the lining for the Gizmo fleece purse, now I just have to handstitch it into the purse.
- And did some laundry and dishes and helped Lena cook beans, cornbread and kale for dinner.
It was a very good day. I like days off!
I hope your day was wonderful, too.